- D. International Studies (Sweden) Ltd.
Comp. Reg. No. 514208925
Västra Finnbodavägen 2-4
131 30 Nacka
The First Party
– AND –
(hereinafter: “The Student”)
The Second Party
WHEREAS The Company operates a school in the setting of which it provides a preparation course for admission examinations for medical school, dentistry and veterinary medicine overseas (hereinafter: “The Course”).
WHEREAS The Course is provided in accordance with the syllabus published and detailed on the Company’s website at: www.medicaldoctor-studies.com
WHEREAS The Student meets the admission criteria for the Course provided by the Company.
WHEREAS The Student has examined the Course registration terms and conditions and has found them satisfactory.
WHEREAS The Student has expressed his desire to register for the Course taught by the Company on the terms and conditions stipulated herein.
NOW THEREFORE, the Parties have Declared, Agreed and Stipulated as Follows:
Preamble, Appendices and Headings
- The Preamble hereto and the appendices hereto constitute integral parts hereof.
- Clause headings herein are inserted exclusively for the sake of convenience and shall not be used in the construction hereof.
The Company’s Declarations
- The Company declares that it possesses the knowledge, experience and skill to teach the Courses taught in the School.
- The Company declares that the instructors and/or lecturers teaching the Courses possess the knowledge, experience and skill to teach the Courses.
- The Company declares that the School possesses the professional aids to teach the taught Courses.
- The Company declares that the School constitutes a proper learning environment for the study of the Courses.
The Student’s Declarations
- The duty to register and contract for the admission examinations at the respective universities rests exclusively upon the Student who shall bear all costs associated therewith.
- In this Clause, the Student understands that participation in the Course does not guarantee success in the university admission examinations. However, the Company covenants to provide the Student a high level of tuition in the entire scope of material required.
- Additionally, it is worthy of noting, that success in the university admission examinations is the result of the Student’s responsibility to study the imparted materials beyond the Course teaching hours.
- Additionally, the Student understands, that the essence of the lectures and exercises in the Course are intended exclusively for internal use by the students of the preparatory course, and that the copying, publication or making any other use thereof is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Course Instructor and/or a representative of the Company.
- The Student declares that a breach of his undertakings and obligations hereunder shall entitle the Company to take legal action against him to enforce this Agreement and/or any provision hereof.
Course Registration Dates
- Registration for the preparatory Course in medicine shall be on one of the possible dates corresponding to the admission examination dates for the various universities:
- Course commencing October in preparation for the February exams in the various universities.
- Course commencing February in preparation for the June exams in the various universities.
- Course commencing May/June in preparation for the July/August exams in the various universities.
- It is hereby clarified, that the Student is entitled to choose to study in one of the foregoing dates and shall not be entitled to transfer from one Course date to another, unless:
- He has submitted a written request to defer his studies in the Course to another date pursuant to a form he received from the Company (hereinafter: “The Request”).
- The Request is submitted no later than 7 days prior to the commencement of the Course.
- The Student receives written approval from the Company.
- In the event that the Student submits a Request to postpone his studies otherwise than pursuant to paragraph 13a above (as of 6 days prior to the commencement of the Course and thereafter), the Student shall act as follows:
- He filed a Request to postpone his studies to another date.
- The Company reviewed his Request. It is hereby clarified that the Company has complete discretion to approve the Request or approve it on certain terms and conditions or to reject it entirely.
- In the event that the Company conditioned postponement of the Course upon a token payment (hereinafter: “The Payment”) on account of postponing the Course of up to 5% of the Consideration of the course of studies, the Student has paid the Payment no later than 7 days after receipt of the Company’s written approval to postpone his studies.
- Registration for the Course and/or deferral of the Course date, in the event that such is approved by the Company pursuant to the terms and conditions stipulated above, do not constitute evidence that the Student has fulfilled all his obligations to the Company.
- The company represent European universities and organizes the entrance exams in Sweden.
- The registration process to the entrance exams will be as specified below:
The student will fill in an online registration form according to the company guidelines. In addition, the student will pay to the company an application fee, as specified in an email that the company will send to the student during the course.
- Application fee for the entrance exams is non-refundable, even if the student will not be present in the entrance exams to which the student registered.
- The company will do all the efforts to prepare the students for the entrance exams, according to the experience that was gained over the years of working with the universities.
- Subsequently, it is hereby clarified that the company is not responsible for the success of the student in the entrance exams, and is not responsible for the passing grade of the entrance exams. The passing grade is determined by the universities and may vary from time to time.
The Duration of the Agreement
- The duration of the Agreement shall be in accordance with the date the Course commences and shall terminate upon the date the Course ends.
- Notwithstanding paragraph 21 above, the Parties’ mutual obligations that affect the Company’s rights shall survive the termination of the Agreement including payment of the Consideration as herein defined and including preservation of confidential information as herein defined.
Course Structure and Scope
- The Course shall correspond to the Course syllabus. The Course syllabus shall be an integral part hereof.
- The Student is put on notice that the Company is entitled to add teaching hours and/or arrange the Course in a manner that it deems fit, including any concentrated “marathon” of study hours. All changes shall be brought to the Students attention in advance.
- The course tuition fee is 45,000SEK.
- Upon the signing hereof, the Student shall pay the Company an advance payment of 5,000SEK whereas the remainder of 40,000SEK shall be paid at the Course commencement date pursuant to payment arrangements acceptable to the Company.
- The timely and orderly settlement of payments is a condition of participation in the Course.
- The Company shall be at liberty to terminate the Student’s course of study, at any time, in the event that one or more payments are not duly settled.
- In consideration of the tuition fee, the Company covenants to hold a preparatory course for medical school, the extent of hours of which shall be as set forth in the “Course Structure and Scope” chapter.
- The Consideration shall be payable for participation in the Course exclusively pursuant to the terms and conditions hereof. The Student shall not be afforded the right to postpone his studies and/or to seek fulfilment of this Agreement at another date except for the date upon which the Course commences pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- However, the Company is entitled to furnish the Student with special written approval to postpone the Course to another date, pursuant to its exclusive discretion and in accordance with the conditions and stipulations that the Company may determine, which only on the strict adherence thereto shall the Student be afforded the opportunity to postpone the commencement of his studies to a Course at a different date.
- Requests to cancel participation in the Course must be submitted in writing and be received at the Company’s offices by the Course commencement date.
- In the event that the Student cancels his registration no later than the opening date of the course of the Course, the sum of the advance payment shall not be refundable. In the event that the Student cancels his participation in the Course after the opening date of the course, the student shall be obliged to pay the full tuition fee of the course. Nothing herein is intended to detract from the stipulations in the “Intellectual Property Rights” chapter or the “Confidentiality” chapter.
- The Student understands that violating one or more of the discipline clauses is cause for revocation hereof, without the Student having any right to receive a refund of the Consideration or any part thereof pursuant to the “Cancellation” chapter.
- During his entire course of study, the Student covenants to behave appropriately and obey the instructions of the Company, its managers, employees and teachers.
- The Student covenants to perform the assignments and/or chores in the best possible way while obeying the assignments’ and/or chores’ performance rules.
- The Student covenants not to perform acts that may unfairly and/or incorrectly affect the results of the Course examinations.
- The Student covenants not to perform acts that are injurious to the privacy of other students on the Course and/or are injurious to the privacy of the teachers and/or instructors and/or any of the Company’s representatives.
- The Student covenants not to perform acts that are in violation of any other law and/or statute and/or regulation, whether those existed prior to the execution hereof or promulgated and/or enacted during the performance hereof and/or after the termination hereof.
Preservation of the Company’s Intellectual Property Rights
- All the services to be provided by the Company in the framework of the Course, without exception, shall be deemed the Company’s absolute property. The Student shall not use any document or other teaching materials which he receives during the Course, for any purpose other than his studies. Any other use (use which is not for the purpose of his studies) of a document and/or syllabus and/or teaching materials whatsoever, that he received and/or to which he was exposed during his studies, shall oblige the Student to receive the Company’s prior written consent.
- Copyright in all the syllabuses and/or documents and/or exercise manuals (hereinafter: “The Materials”) which the Student receives during the Course are and shall remain the Company’s and the payment of the Consideration on account of the Student’s studies in the Course do not bestow the Student with the right to make unpermitted use of the Materials he received during the Course
Preservation of Confidentiality
- The Student covenants to preserve the confidentiality and not to transfer, notify, hand over or bring to the attention of any person or body, directly, indirectly and/or in other way, all information, knowledge, commercial secret, data and/or document of any kind whatsoever, that according to their nature are not in the public domain (hereinafter: “The Confidential Information”) that the Student becomes possessed of as a result of, or in connection with, his studies with the Company as stated herein, owing to, or in connection with, the performance of this Agreement, during the performance hereof, prior to the performance hereof and/or following such.
- The Student covenants not to use the Confidential Information for any purpose whatsoever except for the purposes of his studies and/or training for the admission examinations to medical school, all pursuant to the provisions hereof, without the prior written consent of the Company.
- The express obligations in this Clause are not limited in time and shall survive the termination hereof, without regard to the reason on account of which the validity of this Agreement has expired or ended and without regard to who initiated the termination hereof or brought about the termination hereof.
- Fundamental breach shall be when one of the Parties hereto has breached one of the terms and conditions hereof, and in relation to such breach the other Party gave notice in writing in which the party in breach was requested to desist from the breach (hereinafter: “The Warning”) and to cure the breach, and the breach was not cured;
- In the event that the breach causes any damage whatsoever to the Company and/or anyone acting on its behalf and/or the teachers and/or the other students and/or any other third party, the Student in breach shall be liable to compensate the injured party and/or to indemnify for the damages the Company was forced to pay the injured party.
- In any event of a disagreement between the Company and/or anyone acting on its behalf, and the Student, which is not resolved internally in the setting of the Company, the Parties shall have the option of appealing to the Courts, exclusively in Israel, and exclusively in the Central District.
- Any disagreement whatsoever, that may arise between the Parties hereto, if any, shall be disposed of exclusively according to Israeli Law.
Addresses and Notices
- The Student’s address is as set forth in the heading hereof. Any notice sent to the abovementioned address, by registered post, shall be deemed received 96 hours from its sending.
- The Student shall notify the Company of any change in his address. A notice pursuant to this clause shall be given to a representative of the Company.
Amendment of Agreement or Terms
- The Parties agree that any amendment to the Agreement or the general terms and conditions shall be valid only if in writing and signed by the authorised representatives of the Company and/or the Student. It is agreed that avoiding demanding a right shall not constitute a waiver of said right.
- The Student’s rights and obligations hereunder are not assignable to any third party whatsoever, without the Company’s prior written consent.