This university is represented by “Medical Doctor” in all its branches around the world.
Humanitas University is the largest independent international Medical School in Italy, built within Humanitas Research Hospital, a center that is renowned across Europe for its excellent standard of healthcare and advanced research.
It includes a last generation Simulation Center of about 1.000 mq, student accommodations, high-tech laboratories and classrooms, international canteen, sport facilities.
Students are carefully assisted by a multilingual Student Office through the whole application process, from the first contact to the VISA procedure up to their settlement in Italy.
THE MEDICINE COURSE
Humanitas Medicine and Surgery degree course is a 6-year university programme, taught exclusively in English. From the first year, theoretical interdisciplinary modules are integrated with hands-on experience and simulation activities, with clerkships commencing in the 3rd year.
Humanitas University can count on an excellent international Faculty including Nobel Prize winners, 70 professors and more than 150 clinical tutors, doctors who closely follow our students during their clinical training in the hospital.
Humanitas Degree allows students to work as medical doctors in the EU and abroad. Access to US medical residencies: Humanitas University also offers specific preparation courses to help students face the USMLE exam and become medical doctors in the United States.
ADMISSIONS & SCHOLARSHIPS
In order to be admitted to the course, you have to pass an Admissions Test. Admissions Tests are usually held twice a year all over the world (including USA, UK, Canada, Israel): in March / April for non-European students and in September for European students.
Merit -based scholarships worth up to 60.000€ each are yearly available. A large quota is reserved to non-European students.
Humanitas University also offers a Medical School Preparation Week, an intensive preparation course focused on logical and critical reasoning to help students face the admissions test and the following university degree course.
The new Humanitas University Campus, located in a green area just a few steps away from the hospital, covers a total area of over 20.000 square meters, made to host 1200 students coming from 31 countries worldwide.
- Medicine & Surgery: 6-year MD program “Degree program in Medicine and Surgery” (6 year – Doctor of Medicine M.D.)
- For US students : 3 APs (Advanced Placements) in Medicine and Science related subjects
- For UK students : 3 A levels in medicine and science related subject with a minimum grade of B
- For International Baccalaureate students : IB score of 36
- For Israeli students: Bagrut (Matriculation) overall average score of 80%
- For other students : A high school diploma obtained after 12 years of education
- For everyone: Humanitas HUMAT admission test, computer-based multiple choice test focused on logical and critical reasoning
- Medicine & Surgery: 20.000 EUR per year (approx. 24,800 USD)
- Approximately 850€ per month (The university also offers housing)